- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 of a medium sweet onion, cut in a 1/4-inch dice (can use shallots)
- 2 tbsp. apple juice
- 1 tbsp. Cranberry Pear White balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped and toasted
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 pear, peeled, cored and cut into 3/4 inch matchsticks
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- dash of lemon juice
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add in onions and cook until soft and translucent, approximately 2 minutes. Sprinkle in ginger and stir to combine. Add in apple juice and vinegar and simmer until liquid is almost absorbed, approximately 3 minutes. Add in the sugar, lemon zest, cranberries & 1/2 cup water. Heat over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Cook for approximately 20 minutes, until cranberries start to burst and liquid becomes syrupy and thick. Transfer mixture to a medium sized bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, add pecans to a small skillet and heat over medium low heat, stirring occasionally until they become fragrant. This just takes a few minutes.
- Once mixture has cooled slightly, stir in the pecans, green onions, pears, salt & pepper. Add a dash of lemon juice, if desired. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and allow to chill at least 30 minutes prior to serving.