- 8–10 chicken thighs with bone in (buy skinless chicken, or remove the skin yourself)
- salt/pepper to season chicken
- 2–3 tsp. Tuscan Herb olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into slivers
- 8–12 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary, ground in a or 10 fresh rosemary springs
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Trim chicken thighs, removing the skin and as much of the fat as you prefer, including the pocket of hidden fat on the back side of each thigh. (I do that with , which is much easier than using a knife.) Season thighs well on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat large frying pan over medium-high heat, add a little olive oil, and brown chicken very well on both sides. Don’t rush this step, I browned my chicken for about 10 minutes
- Remove chicken from frying pan and place in glass casserole dish.
- Pour out most of the fat from the pan if it seems like a lot, then put onions in and cook 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook about 5 minutes more. Mix in ground rosemary or fresh sprigs of rosemary.
- Put partly-cooked mushrooms and onions over chicken pieces.
- Roast 35-45 minutes, until chicken and veggies are done, and your house is smelling delightfully of rosemary.
- Serve hot, with any juice from the dish spooned over the chicken.