- ½ cup Pinehurst Olive Oil Co. Honey Ginger Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup low-sodium chicken broth (or white wine)
- 2 T Dees Bees Honey (our local in store honey!)
- 1 T Dijon Mustard
- 1 Clove of Minced Garlic
- 4 Tuna steaks
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 T Pinehurst Olive Oil Co. Sesame Oil
- Diced Green Onions to garnish
- Set tuna out to bring closer to room temperature for 10-15 minutes while making the glaze.
- In a medium saucepan, combine Balsamic Glaze ingredients. Heat over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer over medium-low heat until sauce has thickened some, stirring occasionally. This takes about 10-15 minutes. Do not worry, your glaze will continue to thicken after removing from heat so be sure to not over heat!
- Season both sides of the tuna with salt and pepper. Heat Sesame Oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add tuna steaks and cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip the tuna over and cook the other side for 2 minutes as well. This resulted in a medium/medium-well tuna. Adjust your cooking times as needed to your preferences!
- Serve warm with the Honey Ginger Balsamic Glaze drizzled over the tuna and topped with fresh green onions. Enjoy!
The extra balsamic glaze is DELICIOUS with a cut up apple!