- 1 cup quinoa
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups of chicken stock (can use water or vegetable stock also)
- 1 T Pinehurst Olive Oil Co. Chipotle Olive Oil
- 1 cup cherries, pitted and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 4–5 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup Pinehurst Olive Oil Co. Black Cherry Balsamic Vinegar, reduced
- Warm Chipotle Olive Oil in pot over medium heat.
- Sauté onion until soft and browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add quinoa and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and let simmer for 12-15 minutes, until liquid is mostly absorbed.
- Bring Black Cherry Balsamic to a simmer and simmer for 5 minutes to thicken into a reduction. Be sure to not overheat and burn your balsamic!
- Remove quinoa from heat. Stir in cherries, pecans and feta cheese.
- Sprinkle extra feta cheese on top and drizzle with Black Cherry Balsamic Vinegar to serve.
- Enjoy warm or cold!