- 5 lb. boneless prime rib roast
- 1/4 cup chopped rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup Tuscan Herb olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons Kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon black pepper
For the horseradish sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons creamed horseradish
- 1/2 Tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 Tablespoon chopped chives
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place the roast in a roasting pan. Cut a few shallow slits on the non-fatty side of the roast. In a small bowl, combine the rosemary, oregano, olive oil, and garlic. Rub this mixture on all sides of the roast, pressing it into the slits on the top. Allow the roast to sit and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Sprinkle the salt and pepper all over the roast, putting an extra thick layer on the fatty side. Turn the roast so the fatty side is facing up then place in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Turn the oven down to 325 degrees and continue to cook for 60-90 minutes or until center registers 130 degrees for a medium rare center. Tent the roast and let it rest for 20-30 minutes before slicing. Scrape off any excess salt on the fatty side. Slice and serve with the horseradish sauce.
FOR THE HORSERADISH SAUCE:
- Mix together sour cream, horseradish, vinegar, and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with the beef. The sauce and leftover roast beef make a great sandwich the next day!