- 12 lb. boneless prime rib roast
- 1/4 cup Tuscan Herb olive oil
- 12 cloves garlic, minced (2 T already minced garlic)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh rosemary to garnish
- Place the roast in a roasting pan. Cut several 2″ slits on the fatty side of the roast. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, and garlic. Rub this mixture on all sides of the roast, pressing it into the slits on the top. Allow the roast to sit and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Make sure roast is facing fatty side up, use freshly ground sea salt and black pepper to coat the top of roast. Place in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Turn the oven down to 350 degrees and continue to cook for 90 minutes or until center registers 110-130 degrees depending on your preference of rare-medium. Tent the roast with aluminum foil and let it rest for 20-30 minutes before slicing. Garnish with fresh rosemary, slice and enjoy!