- 2 baskets sweet cherry tomatoes (can use a mixture of colors)
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1/4tsp sugar
- 1 tablespoons The Pinehurst Olive Oil Co. Basil Olive Oil + 3 more separated
- cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Place the tomatoes in a baking dish large enough to fit them in a single layer. Add the salt and sugar, and toss together. Add 3 tablespoons of the Basil Olive Oil, and toss again.
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes until the skins have shriveled and just split; the tomatoes should still be still intact. Remove from the heat, and allow to cool.
- Arrange the tomatoes on a platter. Drizzle the remaining 1 tablespoon of Basil Olive Oil over the tomatoes and pour on any juices from the pan. Serve warm or at room temperature. Add more salt as needed and top with 1 or 2 turns of cracked black pepper.
- Advance preparation: You can make these tomatoes several hours ahead of serving. They will keep overnight in the refrigerator.
- These are delicious served on their own or toss them with some cooked angel hair pasta!